Sunday, March 13, 2011

Half way there!!

I'm a lame blogger. I know. I've been meaning to write more often...but I find it hard to find the discipline to sit down and do it.

Things are moving along quickly here in Denver. I have officially passed the 6 month mark at my job. In looking back to when I started this summer, I realize that I have gained a bit more confidence, but the stress levels are still higher than I was expecting them to be. I'm working on learning to leave the stresses of the job at the job -- although as Megan can attest, I'm not very good at doing this yet. But I'm trying.

And more importantly, we had our 20 week ultrasound this week! Megan's mom joined us at the doctor's office for baby's first home movie. We have decided not to find out the gender of our baby. Well, I say WE decided because Megan doesn't want to know, and I doubt I could keep the secret. This, however, did not keep me from looking intently at the monitor. I saw everything I was supposed to, but sadly I have nothing to report. Reading ultrasound screens accurately will never be a skill on my resume. I know I was looking where I needed to, but I have no idea whether we're having a boy or a girl.

The technician said she knows what we're having. Which was a little bit like torture to hear. Torture in a fun way. I know we'll be happy to be surprised. I think Grandma Marsha, however, was hoping to get a text telling her the baby's gender. Waiting means she has hold off on buying all of the pink or blue things she wants to buy for her next grandaughter or first grandson. :)

The ultrasound went on for quite awhile, which was somewhat surprising to me. It was pretty amazing to see our little alien kick its legs and wiggle its belly. Apparently all of the parts are in the right place and everything is normal. But the technician did not get as good of a view of the baby's heart as she'd have liked, so we will be going back in a few weeks for another ultrasound. We were assured that this does not mean something is wrong. And we're being mostly successful in not stressing out about it. The good news is that I'll have a second chance to get a look at the kid's goods.

Yes, I will be looking intently mom.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

We had to go back for more heart photos too. Those O'Grady babies... Glad everything is going well! Your mom and I are trying to coordinate getting out to see you guys in Denver. May perhaps? Let's talk!!

Kate and Geoff said...

Yay for 20 weeks along already! Geez, how does that happen so often??

Also, you need to blog more.

xo

Kate and Geoff said...

And by "so often", I clearly meant "so fast".

amazing.